Enguru App Review
Enguru is an ed-tech startup focused on helping people speak English fluently and confidently. With over 35 million users, Enguru teachers students English through a combination of online live classes and gamified self-learning modules.
Live classes are group-based video sessions with Cambridge certified trainers. With classes every hour from 8 am to 11 pm, Monday through Friday, users can book sessions anytime, anywhere. These sessions involve interactive role-playing activities, group discussions, and a strong focus on speaking.
A group of anywhere between 8 to 20 users practices speaking English with our teachers and with fellow students. At the start of every course, users take a short pre-assessment test to gauge what their current level of English is. Based on this quick test, users are placed into one of three groups – Beginner, Medium, or Hard.
One topic is covered daily across each of the three levels. Each class is 50 minutes long, with users having the ability to book slots up to 10 minutes before. Enguru follows the communicative approach to language learning – all classes are highly interactive, with 90% of airtime being dominated by students speaking to each other and the teacher.
With live classes, users get the first 3 days free. Within these 3 days, users can take UNLIMITED live classes – they can book and attend as many sessions as they like. After this free subscription, users can choose to opt for either a standard or a premium subscription.
- Standard: Up to 20 students in a class
- Premium: Up to 8 students in a class
Each plan comes with various subscription periods – 1 month unlimited, 3 months unlimited, 6 months unlimited, 1 year unlimited & 2 years unlimited.
Enguru offers live classes for both kids and adults, in addition to exam preparation courses like English for SSC & English for Banking.
Users can also choose to select a 1:1 plan with Enguru’s expert teachers if they want personalized classes. With 1:1, users can select topics of their choice and add up to 4 of their friends to the classes.
Enguru also offers an entirely free English learning course with 600+ levels in vocabulary and grammar. Each self-learning module is broken up into 3 parts:
- Video: A short video in the user’s local language which sets context into what the module aims to teach the user.
- Lesson: Introducing words and concepts through a combination of question types, including multiple-choice, audio questions, arranging jumbled up the sentence, matching words, etc.
- Conversation: Conversation activities involve a simulated conversation between the user and the Enguru bot. A user’s pronunciation is recognized by Enguru’s speech recognition software, which provides the user with feedback on specific words.
Apart from the self-learning levels, the Enguru app has the following additional features:
Features Of Enguru App:
- Personalized English Dictionary and Translator: Dictionary showing English words learned so far on the app and what’s coming up. Users learn the meaning & pronunciation of words and can even attempt a question to the user the words in different contexts.
- Video & News Lessons: Users can continue practicing English while watching funny videos or reading the news. New videos and articles are added every week and filled with English questions.
- Learn in your local language: Enguru helps you learn English in the comfort of your mother tongue.- Learn English from Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Assamese, Nepali, Malayalam, Burmese, Tagalog, Thai, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, Vietnamese, Turkish and Sinhala!
- Social – earn and redeem coins and see how your friends are learning English with you! You can set up English study groups and learn English with your mates. Also, play on Enguru leaderboards with friends and other users!
- No advertising! – We won’t waste your time on any commercial, Enguru Live Spoken English is just learning English!
English learning; online education; education
How it is helping
The vast majority of India is underserved.
The majority of graduates are not eligible to join the workforce in English. Men who speak English earn 34% more on average, while women earn 22% more. Enguru is helping to close the job gap by offering young adults and children low-cost, high-quality English courses.