Making an app has now become a trend that every other business is looking forward to keeping up with. But, it just doesn’t end at making the app; it’s more complicated than it seems to be.
In house and outsourcing app developments have their pros and cons. But in this context, we’ll be focusing on why outsource, how to outsource development, and at last how much does it cost to outsource app development?
Before choosing a developer or an app development company for outsourcing, you should ask yourself the following questions:
• Is my idea worthy of an app?
• Are all app features and functions defined properly?
• Is it going to be an MVP or a full-feature app?
• What platforms it will be available on?
• Do I have a clear UX/UI design, Marketing, and QA?
• What would be the budget and the average cost for outsourcing the app development?
Why Outsourcing worth the Consideration?
When it comes to making an app, outsourcing is known to be the best option available. By outsourcing app development you can shorten the time to market, decrease project costs, and improve the quality of your product.
Outsourcing is mostly done by the following categories:
• Startups: without their own development team as well as experience in product management
• Mid Size: companies without necessary specialties
• Mid-Size or Large Companies: they want to reduce development costs
6 Steps to Hiring Outsourcing an App Development Company/Team
Below are the steps that you as a business owner need to consider while going for outsourcing the app development project:
1. Know your requirements
The first thing that you should be aware of is your needs from the mobile app you are planning on making
2. Find an app development company
Select the app development team on types of outsourcing. Those types include onshore, nearshore, and offshore.
3. Check the chosen company’s portfolio and communicate with previous clients
It is recommended that you should consider going through various app development companies’ websites before even sending out emails to them.
4. Select the Service Model
In order to hire app development company/developers, you need to choose among dedicated teams, project-based, or out staff working models.
5. Choose a Payment Model
As per the model you have chosen, you can choose among fixed price or time and material paying models.
How not to Outsource App Development?
Now that you know how to outsource app development, we thought this might be the right time to enlighten you on how to not to outsource.
1. Not Considering The Time Difference
If your chosen overseas app development company is not online during your business hours, then get ready to face constant delays and communication barriers. You’ll get the service you need the next day or maybe even later. The same can be said for your project’s deadline.
2. No Functional Tests
How do you know if your app is working just like the way you wanted it? If you and your developer do not recreate user scenario, how would you find and resolve errors?
3. No Project Manager
If you don’t have someone to direct all the process, to enforce deadlines and to supervise then we feel sorry for you, as things are not going to be the same for you. If you don’t have a project manager, we recommend you to at least use online management tools.
4. Good Price Rather Than Good Quality
In the app development industry, the less the price you pay for the app, you’ll get exactly the same in return. If you are looking forward to make a name of your business in the market, we recommend you to consider quality over price.
What Affects The Cost Of Outsourcing App Development?
As we mentioned earlier that app development has now become more of a need, the cost for making one varies a lot and depends upon various factors, which we decided to enlist down below.
The cost of outsourcing depends upon the region you have chosen.
• South American charges Android / iOS mobile app development services from $25 to $120 per hour.
• The UK charges $35 to $175 an hour for Android / iOS mobile app development.
• Eastern European mobile app developer’s charges start from $20 up to $110 per hour.
• Developers in India charge $10-75
• North America is considered to be the most costly region for Android / iOS mobile app development. The average companies charge from $20 to $250 per hour.
• Australian companies develop mobile applications at a rate of $35-150 per hour.
• In Indonesia, the mobile app developer’s charge is $20 an hour.
Other than various countries, the cost of app development depends on the following aspects:
• The costs of mobile apps are largely based on complexity, features, and platform.
• Ecommerce integration (basics, advanced or enterprise)
• Apps with back-end maintenance will almost always cost more.
• Simple apps for one platform will start around $25,000.
• More complex apps cost six figures but can push up over $1,000,000.
• Cost of an app also vary on extra features, Type of Mobile API and CRM integrations
• Don’t overlook to budget for marketing, updates, and other costs.
Things That You’re Chosen Outsourcing Partner Should Have
1. Written and Verbal Communication
All the things that we mentioned above are crucial for you to consider. Discussing your needs and the project via Skype is always preferable.
2. A Practical Bidding Response
Something like: “We are already (have been recently) developing a product with similar features. This would help us do the job efficiently and more quickly”.
Honor and maintaining integrity in the industry is one of the major things that an outsourcing app Development Company should have.
Providing you with the services just on time is always appreciated in this industry. The point is; you need to choose a more responsive and eager to communicate kind of candidate.
Outsourcing has its own advantages and disadvantages, but it all depends on your choice. Either you’ll end up with the best app development partner or the worst one. Considering the aforementioned facts will definitely help you choose a reliable app development company.
Are you planning on making an app for your business? If that’s a yes! Then what are you waiting for? Contact Fluper to avail the best app development services. Being a top-rated app development company its developers and technicians would be happy to help you out.