Location Tracking Apps Available For Android
Technology has diversified in all possible manners. Whenever we think is there anything left technology can’t do, technology shocks us with an even greater surprise.
Handy solutions are what everyone is looking for that keeps their convenience parameter in check. Location sharing, tracking, GPS, etc all come under this category. These features help extensively when you need to know the whereabouts of your loved ones, as these location-tracking apps allow you to check the real-time location of the ones you care about.
Therefore, we have compiled some of the best location tracks available on Android that will help you extensively in location tracking.
10 Best Location Tracking Apps
Available for both iOS and Android platforms, Sygic is one of the most popular and reliable GPS tracking android apps available. It comes with offline usability and TomTom maps. The app also has a paid version that unlocks some quality features making your navigation even more interesting.
Some of the eminent features offered by Sygic are,
- Voice guide navigation
- Offline functioning without internet
- Options available for alternative routes
- Spoken assistance
- Live traffic service to avoid traffic-caused delays
- Speed limits for safety measures
- TomTom maps for various countries
- Safety warnings for sharp turns
2. GPS Map Camera
Developed by JK Fantasy, the GPS camera is one of its kind app that lets you find address via live photos. The current photos and locations are saved in real-time to search for different routes and places you wish to travel.
The app also allows you to send previews of various locations via Google Maps, date, time, address, weather, etc.
The eminent features offered by GOS Map Camera include,
- Location sharing is easy
- Variety of file formats on offer
- Easy navigations
- Various drawing styles on maps
mSpy is a family tracker that is available for both iOS and Android platforms. The app includes a real-time GPS tracker, geo-fencing, location history, alarm button for emergencies, and contact list monitoring. The mSpy app comes with three main packages that include Phone, Bundle, and Computer.
Some of the best features of mSpy include,
- You can monitor sent and received text messages
- Restrict incoming calls
- Read messaging apps
- Track real-time location
- You have the access to a camera and photo to scan QR code on the person’s device whom you want to track
4. Google Maps
Google Maps is perhaps the most trusted tracking apps that are used widely across the globe. The app is equipped with all the necessary features including the ‘share location’ option that makes it even more accurate. The option enables you to share your location with anyone over WhatsApp or even a simple text message.
The app also keeps a record of the past locations and display them on the timeline of the user. Google Maps is available for both iOS and Android platforms.
Its prominent features include,
- Discover local restaurants, petrol pumps, events, etc. with just one click.
- Real-time transit info is available
- Real-time ETAs and traffic information
- Automatic rerouting based on live traffic
- Indoor maps are also available
- Once the destination is set, you can also use the map offline
5 . Find my parked car
This is an app which includes parking spot, GPS, and maps facility. Spending hours on finding where is your car parked in a humongous parking area is always annoying. But this tension is gone with the ‘Find my parked car’ app as it helps you find the exact place where you left your car.
The navigator helps in finding a car and also comes with the GPS feature to trace the route.
Some of the eminent features available in this app are,
- Goggle Maps integration
- Finds parking location with ease
- User-friendly GUI
- Shows the exact distance
6. Phone Tracker by Number
Having served over 50 million users worldwide, the Phone Tracker by Number is a terrific app that comes with an accurate GPS tracker that helps you locate your phones and your kids and family.
The app also keeps a record of the places your kids visit with both cell tracking and GPS. When it comes to tracking your kid’s location, Phone Tracker by Number is probably the best app.
Some of the prominent features of this app include,
- Free for endless numbers of users
- Get GPS notification when one of your kids are nearby
- Gives end-to-end encrypted services
- Works seamlessly on all network operators
- Easy to use route navigations
- Helps in finding your lost or stolen phone easily with the help of a family member registered phone.
The best thing about Waze is, you always know what’s happening on the road. Waze gives you the correct updates of traffic, nearest gas stations, construction sites, police stations, and more in real-time.
The app also allows you to add your Facebook friends and sync your contacts to the app.
Other prominent features of Waze include,
- Get an alert when your speed exceeds the limit to avoid tickets
- Alerts about traffic, gas stations, congestion, etc
- Instant routing changes to avoid long traffic
- Keeps you in-the-know about toll charges on your route
- Constant support from the community
- Allows you to report hazards, accidents, road blockage, etc
Life360 is a family locator and GPS tracker that protect and connect your family. The app provides you a smart way to monitor your kid’s location or keep a check on your friend’s whereabouts in real-time. The application is available on both iOS and Android platforms and includes cross-platform location sharing along with in-app messaging.
Its extensive features include,
- You can turn off the sharing feature in case you do not want your current location to get disclosed
- An interesting option to create groups called “Circles”
- Get real-time location of Circle members (group members)
- Lost or stolen phones can be tracked
- Get connected with a representative over the phone with a single push
Glympse offers a fast and secure way to get connected using GPS and to share your real-time location. The app is popular for its real-time tracking feature, but it does not include the stealth mode.
The app also supports cross-platform location sharing and is available on both iOS and Android platforms. Glympse also allows users to turn on/off location tracking.
Other interesting features include,
- Location sharing is possible without any downloads, instant alerts, geo-fencing, in-app messaging, etc.
- No sign-up required
- Real-time location sharing with a dynamic map
- No app required to view
- The app runs smoothly in the background
Suggested: Top 10 Note Taking Apps In 2020
10. GPS Route Finder
With the help of GPS Route Finder, you can freely navigate on Google Maps that will connect you to all required directions with necessary traffic updates. The prominent features of GPS Route Finder include,
- GPS shortest route finder
- Driving route
- Current location
- Enables GPS route finder
- Helps to find driving routes
- Get access to the nearest banks, gas stations, hospitals, airports, restaurants, etc.
With several GPS tracking apps available on both iOS and Android, you can easily trace the location of your loved ones. The apps listed above are high on standards, and you can download any of them to get going.